Monday, December 11, 2017


Momma wants me to start looking for a job soon. She says that it's my time to start helping
out around the house more. I was thinking I would go into town after school today and ask
old Mr. Weldon if he's hiring at the farmers market. He probably won't hire me even if I was
a white.My brothers and I about a week ago were seen running away from the market with
a full bag of apples. If he turns me down and I don’t find another job mama said that
I might have to go with the government people will come and take my siblings and I
away because we won’t have enough for food. Ever since daddy died momma just
hasn't been the same she just hasn't been as motivated as she was when he was
alive.  I pray every day that she can keep enough of her strength to keep going to
keep the family going.  

2 comments: